Thursday, November 22, 2012

Xander gets Published


Do you know where I went on Monday? Yes! I went to the museum to learn about traditional Māori games with Room 15.Should I tell you what the games where called?There was porotaka, ma penei ma pena, taniwha taniwha and poutoti. We used Mr T, a wood carving for the game ma penei ma pena. Taniwhai, taniwha was like a hand-shake game. It was so much fun.When we walked into the museum it looked like a whare. I felt excited and some of us did our mihi.We all sung a waiata and then lined up for a tongi with Nathan.By Xander Hearfield, Room 15

This was featured in last weeks school newsletter! They did the typo Xander informs me, it should be "hongi".

Well done, Xander!!

2 comments:

Jenna said...

Yay, Xander! So proud of you!

Anonymous said...

Well done Xander, so very proud of you.

Love
Aunt Jennie