Monday, April 08, 2013

Dare Devil in the making

Alan has introduced Xander to the local bike track, complete with jumps and turns.
Xander started out slowly and carefully going over the smaller humps at the end and gaining confidence until he tackled the track from the start.
The look on his face was pure bliss!
He fell off at one stage and grazed his elbow quite bad, but was up quickly and completed the course before coming to me for a wipe down.





I am not crazy about this idea, but that is the protective mother in me. Xander is having fun and this is the start of his testing new ground and challenging his confidence.
I don't think i'll be able to watch him too often as it was really stressful for me. So i'll just have to wait at home and listen to his enthusiasm after the fact!
Oh, and make sure he has lots of protective gear ;)

No comments: