Monday, June 30, 2014

Jolly June 2014

June, the first official month of Winter and the best month of the year - it is my birthday month afterall!

Esmee lost her fourth tooth in the second week of this month - the gap is now huge and she delights in sticking her tongue through it!


Winter has arrived and with it the homey and comforting and wintery things like crockpot dinners, the fire, rainy days at soccer (though luckily they have been few!), and raincoats and gumboots.

To help keep the sanity at work I have encouraged parents to bring gumboots and raincoats for the kids so we can still play and run outside - 25+ 3 yo's drive you nuts when we're all cooped up indoors. In the Piwaiwaka (Fantail) Room at work, we have a budgie called Caspar and a guinea pig called Mills. I took the budgie home and Rascal loved watching him and listening to his funny noises (i think he snores!).
I pushed for Mills to have a little friend, because apparently guinea pigs do better in groups so my team leader bought him one. He is tiny and fast and the kids dubbed him Fireman Sam but we call him Sam.

The kids electives wound to a close. Xander took a lot of boxes and cardboard one week to create a rocket ship...
This is the result he and a few others produced!

Esmee's art from her elective:



Alan's new job started last week and so far, from what i've heard it's going well.

I had my birthday and joined our musical kids by getting a Ukelele! I practiced and played at my work Matariki evening, it was scary and fun.


Xander is practicing Ukelele songs for being filmed on MishMash TV. Apparently this is a school tv show... I'll update you when i know more! (i tried to insert a video of Xander playing I See Fire on his guitar but it isn't working - i'll try get it up another day!)


The local police station had an open day so i took the kids for a look-see. Xander desperately wanted to see the cells. Both kids have made mention prior to this visit that they would like to be Police Officers someday... I'm sure they will change their minds many times before they choose their careers :)





Xander finally got player of the day for great defence and determination :)



This last weekend Xander and his team played in a soccer competition and won their division! So stoked!!




Next month we have exciting things coming up:

* Nanna is coming to stay for a few days to collect the kids from school as with school conferences school closes at 1:30, and it i have means for the kids to not be at after school care for more than necessary, then i will do my utmost to see they don't :)

* School conferences: we'll see what our bright kids are challenged with and achieving for the next half year.

* I'm taking a week off work to spend with the kids during school holidays - my first whole week in a long time with the just the kids :)

* Esmee and I are going to see Disney on Ice here in Hamilton, while the boys go to Wellington to watch the soccer and see Aunty Angelina's new house.


No comments: